A community service sponsored by
Collaborative Practice California
If you are facing divorce or separation ...
attend a Divorce Options™ workshop, a low-cost public education workshop offered monthly in many counties across California.
You have choices!
Click here for the schedule of Divorce Options Workshops
How a Divorce Options™ Workshop Can Help You
Divorce Options™ will help you understand and manage the legal, financial and emotional aspects of this challenging life transition.
Divorce Options™ will help you explore your options and make informed decisions about which process will most likely lead to your desired outcomes.
Divorce Options™ will help you take control of your divorce and move forward with your life, with guidance from trained professionals in law, finance and counseling.
Who Should Attend
Divorce Options™ workshops are open to all individuals and couples in California who are contemplating separation or divorce
- whether married, domestic partners or cohabiting
- whether same or opposite gender
- with or without children
Divorce Options™ provides you with up-to-date, unbiased information about:
- Spousal support, alimony and child support
- Separate and community property
- Tax consequences of divorce
- Legal and physical custody
- Impact of separation/divorce on children
You will find answers to such questions as:
- What happens in court?
- How much time do divorces take?
- How much do divorces cost?
- How do you get started?
- What resources are available to you?
Learn About the Process of Divorce
Learn the advantages and disadvantages of:
- Self-representation ("Do-it-yourself")
- Collaborative Practice
Learn how to:
- Talk to your children about divorce
- Divide your property
- Pay your bills now and in the future
- Manage emotions
Divorce Options™ workshops are presented jointly by experts who have guided other people through divorce—a divorce lawyer, a financial specialist and a divorce coach.
The cost for the 3-4 hour workshop ranges from no-cost to $45.00. You may attend individually or as a couple. Pre-registration is not always required. Dates and locations of Divorce Options Workshops are listed below. To print or download a copy of the Divorce Options brochure